Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Appliances

I realize it's a little premature to be buying appliances and finishing items for the house, but when a deal like this comes up, you just do it...  Plus, we have a half empty storage unit rented, we can store it over there.  :)

I had been watching the ksl classifieds for random stuff.  A built-in ice maker came up for sale for really cheap, and a really great brand (subzero).  They guy had a crummy picture, the picture was upside down, didn't say a brand and said he wanted $100.  I was intrigued...I knew what brand it was and I knew it should cost a heck of a lot more than that!

I texted him, his dad is a contractor and was doing a remodel in Deer Valley, and the homeowners were getting rid of everything.  That's all I knew when I met him over at a storage unit.  Well, when he opened the storage unit I about had a heart attack.  He said, "If you're interested, I have most of the matching appliances, I just haven't listed them for sale yet."

So, I go a subzero fridge and separate freezer (60" width french door style) for $500.
I got a subzero built in ice maker for $100.
I got a subzero undercounter built in wine cooler for $275.  (I had to come up on that one as he had another buyer lined up...)
We also got a sink, and a new garbage disposal thrown in the deal.

Then at the back of his unit were these gorgeous solid wood, interior doors.  At first he said he wanted $50 a door.  Which, is a steal, but I wasn't sure if there would be enough, or if they would work.  When Scott came back with me a few hours later and saw them, my dad talked him down to $200 for all 12 doors.  They are beautiful.  I'm not sure exactly where we will work them into the house - perhaps put them on the main floor and do something different upstairs??  But, we'll figure it out.  The hardware alone on these doors would've cost way more than the $200!

So, today was like Christmas for me...
Now we just need the house for them to go in.  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment